Diamond Lawncare offers mulching services to residents and businesses in or near Lancaster and York, PA. Typical mulching services include selection of the mulch, delivery, edging of the beds, mulch installation, and any necessary cleanup.
Benefits of Mulching (Why Mulching is Important)
Mulch holds moisture in the soil, inhibits weed growth, keeps the soil cool, and makes gardens, shrubs, and trees look more attractive. Mulch can be found in a variety of styles and colors; different colors can change the look of the whole landscape. As organic mulch decomposes over time, it starts to release vital nutrients back into you soil and plants which helps keep them healthy.
Mulch installation should take place in spring and fall and plays an important role in regulating temperatures near the root systems of your trees and shrubs. Spring can bring about wild changes in the weather, so mulching helps protect your plant material from those late frosts.
Why Hire a Professional to Install Mulch?
There are several benefits when choosing to have your mulch professionally installed.
- Too much mulch can invite unwanted pests and insects. Our professionals take great care in mulch spreading to avoid soil compaction and root suffocation.
- You can save time and enjoy your weekend that would otherwise be spent shopping for mulch, determining how much you'll need, finding a way to get it home or having to have it delivered, the installation time, and any cleanup after the mulching is complete.
- Hiring a professional can save you the aches and pains from installing the mulch yourself. Whether you choose bags or order it in bulk, you'll save yourself the trouble of hauling or wheelbarrowing it all to the necessary locations before you even get started with the actual installation.
How Much Mulch Do I Need?
Determining how much mulch you'll need is simple once you calculate the square footage of your space. To find your square footage, measure the length and width of your bed.
Once you have the length and width, simply multiply them together to get the square footage.
You can use this square footage to work with your mulch supplier to then determine how many bags or scoops you need. Keep in mind we recommend installing your mulch 2" - 4" thick depending on the type of mulch selected.
The professionals at Diamond Lawncare would be happy to help you with determining how much mulch you need, just give us a call at 717-575-0706.
What to Do Before Mulching
We've gathered a few helpful tips we recommend to clients before mulch is installed.
- Trim any trees or shrubs
- Weed and clean up any excess trimmings, mulch, leaves, or other debris
- Edge the mulch beds
- Loosen any compacted soil or mulch and then rake the bed smooth
- Fertilize and/or add any pre-emergents
Diamond Lawncare will be happy to help with any of these tasks if you give us a call.
Let us help you decide which type of mulch and mulching services are right for your lawn and garden.